Down In A Gulp
Friday, March 30, 2007
Saffron
Its my mum's birthday and I decided to take her out for a decent meal. Been researching and finally settled at Saffron at One Bangsar. I have been passing by this row of restaurants at Bangsar Hill many times but have yet to checkout the area until today.

So what does Saffron serve? Well, a mixture of Mediterranean, Italian, Spanish and Latin cuisine. Firstly, strolling along the row of restaurants was breath taking. Reminds me of the houses in Ames where there is a big lawn with the fenceless concept. I hope that my house could be like that someday because I don't like living behind the bars ( who does anyway).

This is the Hideki Japanese restaurant. Apparently it is pretty good. I like the little Japanese garden in front of the restaurant.

Finally arrived at Saffron which is located almost at the top of the hill. Not as big as Hideki but it is cozy.
Naiiicee. .. They have tables behind those curtains. So you can actually draw the curtains close and ber- hanky panky there. Perfect couple dining!

After the long hike, we were starvin'. So I was impatient to go through the menu and asked them for their recommendation.

Firstly, Lamb cutlets with seasoned Mayonnaise. Lamb was tender, grilled to give it the slightly smoky flavor and well seasoned with herbs to mask the smell. Tasted like the best thing in the world because I was hungry.

Then there was my favorite seafood Paella. Ooooo Olives make me go crazy. Paella is a Spanish dish normally cooked on Sundays. Paella is Spanish for frying pan which explains why it is served in a frying pan. Lazy Spaniards. Its just like serving fried rice with the wok together or Char Kuey Teow with the entire wok. Imagine what kind of reaction would you get from the older people if you serve dishes together with the wok. Would like to call Paella , Spanish Fly Lice.



Good recommendation by the server. Seafood stew. Has lots of tomatoes in the broth giving it the kick of sourness. I know I drank till I licked the platter.


Overall, food was great maybe giving a 8/10 rating. Ambiance was great too but I'll just give a 7/10 rating. It is not bad, its just that I have higher expectations :) Overall, I would say its a must-try place.

Saffron
The One Bangsar
(Signforce F&B Concepts Concepts Sdn Bhd)
Pavillion 2, One Bangsar
63G Jalan Ara, Bangsar Baru
52100, Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
Phone: 603-2287 1158

Fax: 603-2287 7158


Lastly, just wanna show off what bag I carried to match my outfit..haha. Yea, my Baby Phat bag. The one and only blue barrel bag I have which is a little bit of ghetto and funky. My alter ego, Tachelle, adores Baby Phat.

Labels:

posted by DaphStar* @ 9:18 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At March 30, 2007 at 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why your dress and bag same colour with the table cloth one
    pakat ah
    ahahahaha

     
  • At March 30, 2007 at 6:41 PM, Blogger DaphStar* said…

    you eeediot. at least not from pasar malam ok

     
  • At March 30, 2007 at 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i know of a place called 'Hunan Palace' in ames who serves better food than this. Go try and you'll realize this is crap

     
  • At March 30, 2007 at 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oi...Anonnymous on Mar30...you one offbeat dude le...

    Daphstar...nice outfit. Your mom too...gayanya.... :) Say Happy B'day to her for me please....tho' a teeny bit belated.

    SY

     
  • At March 30, 2007 at 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sy go check out the table cloth there
    my sis gaya biru
    ahahaha kajie hie

     
  • At March 30, 2007 at 11:58 PM, Blogger DaphStar* said…

    Orgy In Your Mouth: Hunan Palace is conning all those farm peasant. Wat the heck man sweet and sour pork is PINK in COLOR! Pure Bull Crap. Then wat the heck is General Tso Chicken.

    SY: Mr Anonymous happens to be my annoying bro.

     
  • At March 31, 2007 at 2:15 AM, Blogger DaphStar* said…

    Anonymous: FYI, SY is your cousin residing in HK.
    (all the acronyms)

     
  • At March 31, 2007 at 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Apparently General 'Tso' is a big fan of that style of chicken back in the Tsang Dynasty, thus the name of the dish. He later passed away because of heart attack.

    Man, one more look at those food pics you posted (esp. the Seafood stew) is gonna make me crazy. I seriously crave food back home, I even had dreams eating them at the hawker stalls!

    Ongzilla

     
  • At April 1, 2007 at 2:28 AM, Blogger DaphStar* said…

    Ongzilla: Err, its not hawker food. I think you can find it in MN. Just go to any Mediterranean restaurant.
    Just for you I shall torture you with a hawker food posting.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: DaphStar*
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
*Star Chatz
http://www.meebo.com/rooms

*Starz Count
Counters
Free Counter
*Star Postings
Previous Post
Archives
*Star Homiez
*Star Boutiques
*Star Tunez
  • * 1) Bartender - T-Pain
  • * 2) Shawty - Plies Feat T-Pain
  • * 3) Valentine - Lloyd
  • * 4) Get It Shawty - Lloyd
  • * 5) Buy You A Drank- T-Pain feat Young Joc
  • * 6) Tambourine - Eve
  • * 7) Wake Up Call - Maroon 5
  • * 8) Little Of Your Time - Maroon 5
  • * 9) LoveStoned - Justin Timberlake
  • * 10)Buddy - Musiq Soulchild
List of Weird Names
  • Black Lim
  • Dadmond Tan
  • Auto Yap
  • Bacon Lim
*Star Visitors

*Star BlogLog
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER