| How do you stay considerably unsmelly after a long day at work? If you haven't commute to work, then you won't think that this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed by all Malaysians.
Before lunch time, the lifts are ok if it is stuffed with people. Right after lunch, everybody tend to rush back to the office at the same time and that is when the lift stinks. Smell of char kuey teow mixed with nasi goreng mixed with chicken rice mixed with tom yam permeates the air.
During rush hour in the trains, the air is so pungent that it damages your lungs.
So how exactly does one try to minimize the bad odor after lunch hour? Here are a few tips:
1) If you are going to a typical coffee shop where cooking are done inside, try to avoid a sitting place where all the cooking aroma flows to. If there is an outdoor seating area, go there! Stay far far away from where all the cooking is. In that way, the oils wouldn't stick to your work clothes and blend disgustingly with your body odor.
2) If you have to go to an air conditioned coffee shop that serves to-die-for noodles, make sure you full blast your car freshener. Or if you have a vial of essential oil in the car, drip it on your potpourri or any soft toy just to make sure the fragrance will over power the cooking oil odor. I have verified that this actually works.
3) Girls, buy one of those body mists from body shop and keep it in the office. It helps to spray heaps on yourself after lunch , just to keep yourself smelling fresh. Body mists are light fragrance that would not blend with your body heat. So it wouldn't hurt to spray loads of it.
4) If it is an excruciatingly hot day, plan to dine in the office with sandwiches. It will minimize pespiration hence minimize bad body odor.
5) If you know you have an underarm odor, wear deodorant. If the protection fades by midday, make sure you have bath wipes to wipe the affected area, then re-apply the deodorant. Applying deodorant on an alreayd affected area will only worsen the odor. Ensure to carry bath wipes everywhere. If you are not sure that you have under arm odor, ask a friend! It will hurt at first but you will be thankful that you knew.
With all these in mind, you should be unsmelly even after 6pm.