Down In A Gulp
Sunday, April 8, 2007
No more rave virgin
My first ever rave experience was on Saturday when I attended the Speedzone rave at KL Tower.
I am so not a trance neither am I a techno person, but I do think that Chicane is HAWT! Anywayzz, I dragged my lazy ass down to KL Tower with Yu May & Co. Yea, since I had so much of fun during my last trip in Penang, she actually brought Penang to me in KL! HAWTness!

In my mind, rave is all about dance, heat, and sweat and the occasional molesters. Since we have the VIP passes, we didn't have to mingle with the crowd. HAWT! So we made our way to the VIP parking which wasn't that grand. Nevermind about that.


The entrance where the VIP Shuttle was waiting to pick us up. Yu May again ( very popular character in my blog)



The Party Bus aka VIP Shuttle.

Seriously had no idea how freaking far up the party is. The non VIPs had to hike up hill and that is no easy task when you're all made up in your high heels to party. I would shoot myself if I had to walk up that hill.

Finally we arrived at the parteeyyy. Like I expected, heat and sweat. Can't imagine dancing the whole night through without the pill cause I would rather jump off the KL Tower than dancing in the heat. Alas, we still had to walk through the crowd before getting to our landing. Brushed a few sweaty head and arms on the way.


Among the commoners

Then our excursion ended at the PM VIP Bar! Woah, am I gonna party with the Prime Minister as well?! Ahaha Our Prime Minister raves, imagine him shuffling. Pak Lah the Shuffler!
Was so glad there were fans at the VIP Lounge! I was hot, sweaty and pissed and needed a big fan to blow me away.

I feel intimidated by them. Yu May, Me, Mindy and Li Fung.


Hmm, VIPs are boring people. They just sit, drink and don't party at all. Whatever it is, we had the best seats in da house! Yea, the best view of the entire party. What's best is that we had free flow of alcohol all night long. Now, that is HAWTness!

Me and Yu May. Yea I looked so washed out and sweaty. Been to hell and back.







DJ Yoji Biomehanika in action. Pretty Hard Techno.

Well, at least it was worth it. The performance was quite an experience. I can now appreciate trance music a little bit more but I still can't appreciate shufflers.


Me and the great Gin blogger.

After 15 minutes of cooling our asses with a drink, we headed down to our cars. And of course, any excursion to KL would not be complete without paying homage to Velvet.

Had the satisfy the Penangite's insatiable appetite for clubbing

What's best, I got my ass burnt by a stray ciggie. Good thing I had buns of steel to withstand the heat. What is a trip without a souvenir.

Labels:

posted by DaphStar* @ 7:51 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At April 10, 2007 at 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The poster on the wall featured some of the greatest DJ's in the world, Marco V (tech-trance) and Yoji (hard trance), man YOU are so lucky. I've been waiting all my life to see those DJ's play here but all they have is some cheesy house and cheesy trance amateur jocks and crowds who only listen to hip hop. One time PvD (Paul Van Dyk) was here but due to the cold reception he received playing trance records he had to switched to hip hop, no offense to hip hop fan but it kinda brought down the mood...

    You need a good soundsystem to listen to trance, and lot of hype about those music are misconceptions. You don't need XTC pills and yet you can still listen to it at home. It takes some getting used to but once you got it, you're hooked for life. Just like Tiesto said "Dance4Life".

    :)

    Ongzilla

     
  • At April 10, 2007 at 5:45 PM, Blogger DaphStar* said…

    I have the song Dance4Life but its just ok.
    Hahaha..no idea who the DJs were.

     
  • At April 10, 2007 at 9:47 PM, Blogger *yumayz* said…

    still daph 1st experience and we didn't have to rub shoulders with the ma chans hehehe...

     
  • At April 10, 2007 at 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dance4Life was his so-so work, actually more of a theme song for a foundation he set up for AIDS victim or something...
    Try "Pirates of the Carribeans (Tiesto Remix)" should be better.
    :)

    Well at least you had quite an experience even though you don't know the DJ's, see, they know how to 'move' you!

    cheers
    Ongzilla

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yO Daph

    You know I dont post much do u. But I had a lot for lunch today with Russ and Vince, its a rainy cold day. I m half asleep, surfed to your blog and read your rave review and trance music and all. Something struck me outta sudden...TRANCE MUSIC? GEee that sounds Familiar. :) Lawrence is into Trance Music.
    That shud scar u for sometime. I ll leave it as that.

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 6:50 AM, Blogger DaphStar* said…

    Ongzilla, I so happen to have downloaded MOS The Annual 2007 and Dance4Life was one of the track. I try to keep in touch with MOS music and I think that Put Your Hands Up For Detroit is the coolest, right Yu May? We were listening to it in her car every single day in Penang.

    Thomas!! You're alive! Y don't you go poo poo after lunch? Hotel Maya has nice toilets with that nozzle that squirts up your *toot*

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 6:52 AM, Blogger DaphStar* said…

    Oo May, yea we walked through mah chans like the Silver Surfer from Fantasitc 4

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: DaphStar*
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
*Star Chatz
http://www.meebo.com/rooms

*Starz Count
Counters
Free Counter
*Star Postings
Previous Post
Archives
*Star Homiez
*Star Boutiques
*Star Tunez
  • * 1) Bartender - T-Pain
  • * 2) Shawty - Plies Feat T-Pain
  • * 3) Valentine - Lloyd
  • * 4) Get It Shawty - Lloyd
  • * 5) Buy You A Drank- T-Pain feat Young Joc
  • * 6) Tambourine - Eve
  • * 7) Wake Up Call - Maroon 5
  • * 8) Little Of Your Time - Maroon 5
  • * 9) LoveStoned - Justin Timberlake
  • * 10)Buddy - Musiq Soulchild
List of Weird Names
  • Black Lim
  • Dadmond Tan
  • Auto Yap
  • Bacon Lim
*Star Visitors

*Star BlogLog
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER